Although Stockholm has been voted to be one of the best cities to live in the world ( what I love about bogging is that I do not have to reference but you can take the initiative to google this information) I haven't at all felt like I have come to one of the best cities in the world. Maybe it is my own problem and I haven't broken into the scene I would like to be in but I do feel that I have explored the city enough since last September to know that I feel like a ghost walking on a busy Island. Sure there are some beautiful scenic places and a great- expensive transportation network and many free concerts to go to during the summer as well as a number of exhibitions in the many museums they have but something is missing in this city.I don't know what it is but for now I will just settle for thinking that it does not have soul. What it does have is the most H&M stores in the world, and a conciderable amount of immigrants who hate the place but still go out of their way to stay here. It is strange that when one leaves home to go live in paradise they are usually disappointed only to find a new destination were paradise will be. I think that is what I have done for a while and I am starting to think that home is not only where the heart is but it is paradise even if it is not as scenic and it has a terrible transportation network or rather a none existing one. What it does have though is great weather and what I have learnt from being in Sweden is weather should be one of the biggest deciding factors to whether you stay in a place or not.
Anyway back to Stockholm. Well not really, Uppsala does not have all the archipelagos that Stockholm has and nor does it have the same number of pricey clubs but it has soul. It is a student town but one can feel that you are in sync with the cities energy. You can know what's happening , know your spots and you are a person there. Talking about clubs or bars I fail to find a reason why people go out to be in nosey places only to talk to the same people they went with the whole night and not even dance. Many things don't make sense in life but we seem to have no problem paying to do the nonsensical things that we do. I'll leave that subject for another day.Now for some pictures of Stockholm!!!!
Anyway back to Stockholm. Well not really, Uppsala does not have all the archipelagos that Stockholm has and nor does it have the same number of pricey clubs but it has soul. It is a student town but one can feel that you are in sync with the cities energy. You can know what's happening , know your spots and you are a person there. Talking about clubs or bars I fail to find a reason why people go out to be in nosey places only to talk to the same people they went with the whole night and not even dance. Many things don't make sense in life but we seem to have no problem paying to do the nonsensical things that we do. I'll leave that subject for another day.Now for some pictures of Stockholm!!!!
| you haven't lived in Sweden if you haven't been on a fairy ride for 24hrs of drinking dancing and wondering why you came...the tax free of cause. |
| Gruna Lund opens in spring and hosts a number of concerts |
| Just being Swedish , taking in as much sun as you can before it disappears |
| Stockholm is made up of archipelagos |
| The city hall showing the three crowns, the symbol of Sweden |
| There are certain spots you will always find people protesting |
| Gamla stan |
| You have to like the unique fashion styles you see around |
Stockholm
| The castle courtyard |
| Early morning it's not usual to get empty streets around gamla stan |
| Can everyone really read here? |
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar